...I'm not going back I'm moving ahead
Here to declare to you My past is over in You All things are made new
Surrendered my life to Christ I'm moving moving forward...
These are lyrics to a very powerful song by Israel Houghton. Everytime i worship to this song, i cringe, because i start focusing on the line..."my past is over..." and i cant get past that line. Which makes me cringe even more because if I cant get past a line in a song, how the heck can i get past my past! Until one night, in my car I was having a pull over I cant see through my tears moment, and this song came on. I sang the lyrics, I cringed, but I moved on. I continued and sang ..."my past is over in you all things are made new..."and i realized, that the line is all one line...its all inclusive, my past is over in you, all things are made new.... IN Christ my past is over, (so that means if im in Christ then He is in me so that means that TO Christ my past is over, He doesnt see it anymore) ...BUT i still see it. I still feel it. I still cringed at the thought of it.
What made me move on, was the fact that HE is IN me and IN Him all things are made new. Staying in Him allows me to cringe at my past but be safe moving forward in Him.
Moving on is more than just forgetting the past, its accepting it while you still remember it...Trusting God for the healing each step you put behind you.
Each time i cringe, i move on, trusting God that He sees me cringe...and heals me. Because as I sing that song, i trust God that in that moment, my past is over, in Him, all things are made new. I accept my past. and while i still remember it, i trust God that He doesnt. Pretty soon all things will be made new and i will move forward. But now, today, i can still cringe at some of my past, but....
...im not going back im moving ahead
Im here to declare to you my past is over in you all things are made new
Surrender my life to Christ, im moving, moving forward....
No comments:
Post a Comment