About Joyful Expectancy

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sometimes it takes rain to answer the prayer.


Its been crazy rainy lately. Perfect setting for writing. I drove home last night in the rain, observing the dark rain clouds over the city, it put me in a gloomy mood and reminded me of the change of weather in my life. On my way home i took this picture...and i realized that the sun had been shining all day....while it may be raining, the sun still shines. It may look dark and stormy over my head, but the sun never ceases to come out.

In the last couple of months, my heart has been heavy. I have been in transition. I guess you can say i asked for it. I asked God to change my heart. I asked God to remove people in my life that weren't supposed to be there. I was asking for a change of weather.... But I don't think i really wanted Him to make it rain. I wanted a warning at least, a forecast on how to prepare.(even though, looking back now, i got ample warning in the actions of people, but thats another post...) To me, instead it just began to rain, and the clouds lingered, and became darker and darker. Just when i was about to give in to the gloom, I was reminded that He is still there. On the other side of the gloom. Smiling. Waiting. Loving me. I came to KNOW Psalm 30:5...
For his anger is but for a moment; His favor is for a life-time: Weeping may tarry for the night, But joy cometh in the morning.
Did you catch that? His favor is for a lifetime? That means that regardless of how it seems, His favor, His sunshine is constant. I am coming forth to my morning. I am expecting the warmth of His smile, soon. Its there, its never left. Its peeking through the clouds. I still have His favor, its just raining right now.

Even though its scary, and unnerving to ask God for change. He supplies us with the faith in the promise that while it may take rain to answer our prayer, sunshine doesn't fail to shine. the answer is on the other side of your change.

Have you ever asked God for change? How and what was on the other side of your change of weather?


No comments:

Post a Comment