About Joyful Expectancy

Sunday, December 5, 2010

fly me to the moon.











While every sign points to celebration of this new time in my life, all i want to do is fly away. I turned 29 in the most wonderful city NYC...and boy did i need to go away. Whether it be fly to New York, or Laguna Beach and sit and think, or fly away in my dreams in my cozy bed...i need to get away sometimes. Its been difficult to relish in this great moment, the calm after the storm of August, waiting for the sunshine. Waiting on the blessing. Its on the other side. As I write that i realize how many times I have written those words "its on the other side"... but im not on the other side yet? why?

Sometimes I think I've missed it? Have you ever thought you missed Gods blessing? I have. I don't frequent that thought, But I do sit and think: have i been thinking too much about life to live it. Have I been flying around the world escaping the lessons God has been trying teaching me? How many times do we run when it gets too hard? How many times do you UNSPEAK about a problem or an issue in our lives. How many times do we sever relationship so that we don't feel the burden of change or boundaries? I want to fly away. right now. you can fly me to the moon and back, but thing is, everything will be right where i left it. God will get His. He will get his point across whether I fly away or not. So i'm done flying. I'm grounded. Here in Orange County, this 29 year old is not waiting for another year to see whats on the other side. I'm staying. I'm living. Its here.

How about you? Just remember, you may not be where you want to be, but you aren't where you used to be. So come back to earth. Its all good in the hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment