I gave someone a piece of advice the other day that I often stare in the mirror and give to myself. Somewhere down the line of deciding my professional career and weighing my options towards living a life of purpose, I learned that anything that is worth the effort, has a price tag behind it...In my immaturity and ambition I became aware of my relentless spending habits of emotions, health, friends and family.
Back then, there was no price tag too big. I did not have regard for how much it cost me to take every opportunity as a potential for something bigger... I came away with amazing connections, open doors, and a resume stacked with things I couldn't even say how they even came to pass. But I had done it...and by golly it was fantastic! But i paid a price. sometimes I OVERPAID.
Today. My process of saying YES comes with the price tag of saying NO to someone or to something, and that someone is often ME and even worse that someone is often GOD himself! I have to ask myself who that is and what that is going to cost me before i say YES.
Today, my process of saying NO to something with POTENTIAL means i'm saying YES to something with PURPOSE...
Today, my process of saying NO to something with POTENTIAL means i'm saying YES to something with PURPOSE...
"Not everything that is potential is purpose"
Ask yourself that when you are weighing your YES and your NO. What relationship will you spend less time with, what activity will you have to cut out? How much energy will it take out of you? How much does it really cost?
What price are you willing to pay for a vague possibility of potential, rather than the guarantee of purpose?
What price are you willing to pay for a vague possibility of potential, rather than the guarantee of purpose?
"Gambling on potential can rob you of your inherited purpose..."Can you really afford to run your race on a gamble when you are promised an inheritance?
Dating a guy that has potential to be great, can rob you of the purpose you have in waiting God's best...Taking a job that has the potential to make you wealthy, may rob you of the guaranteed spiritual inheritance God has prepared for you...
Our YES has a price and our NO has a Purpose...what does that mean for you today? what is weighing on your heart today that you must say YES or NO to?
No comments:
Post a Comment