About Joyful Expectancy

Monday, July 20, 2009

shiny and new


The other day, i rushed over to "peace" my hot spot in Laguna off the cliffs, to pray and regain my sanity. I sat and watched the waves do their thing, going back and forth with force, crashing loudly, sometimes effortlessly giving themselves to the power of the tide and then calmly rest on the shore. I started to think of this phenomenal power that is my heart. It beats with passion, it breaks and then it heals. I remember the day when i gave up, and i stopped being a wave out at sea. I remember the room I was in when i fell in love with my keeper. I remember the days and nights i spent crying and praying, pleading for God to heal my heart and put me back together. I clearly remember what i was wearing one night in worship as I sang I belong to you...and you belong to me. I was there and He was there and even though there was an entire sea of people around me, it was just me and Him dancing to and fro and He healed me.

You are going to have to excuse me. I am in a mood. A very Honest. Blatant. Irritated mood. It stems from relationships. Not all irritation is bad.

Irritation is a sign of friction. Friction creates fire. Fire is a sign of passion. To be passionate about something you have to get irritated first.

So allow me to be irritated at this subject. I have watched people bypass God and turn their hearts over to sin, to bad relationships, to complacency. I have watched the broken hearted become destroyed. The sick become sicker and the dying, die. It irritates me. I want to shake them, lock them in a room and force them to meet with God. I say this only because ive been there. Debilitated. Weak.Confused. Making decisions with the world as my compass and my flesh as my guide. If you listen to me about anything ever, you will hear me say this to you over and over and over again like a broken record.
"Everything you do reflects back to your relationship with God"...

Your relationship with God is the only stable source of love and peace. You must rely on your heart to be the source of His words, His love, His direction. Without a whole heart He could not be in you.He wouldnt fit. He is bigger than you.If you want all of Him to fit, you need to make room.

"Now then..., "throw away the foreign gods that are among you and yield your hearts to the LORD, the God of Israel." Joshua 24:23

Make room in your life with the things of Him and about Him. Remove those things that make you miss the things of the Lord. I look at people in my life, how they are like waves tossed to and fro. Giving their hearts to people and things at the sight of security, at the glimpse of intimacy, at the hope of stability. Such risk such passion such irresponsibility... I mean this is your heart! This is the vessle that God moves through. This is the place that He dwells! And yet they want to see the things of the Lord!

You will receive the things from whoever you give your heart to.

"The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."Luke 6:45
If drugs have your heart, you will receive what drugs can only give you. If a man or a woman has your heart entirely, you will only receive the things flesh can only give you. But if the spirit has your heart. If God has your heart, you will receive what God can only give you. You choose.

As I sat watching the waves I began to feel the aprehension i have felt each time someone comes into my life and asks for my heart. I began to feel myself clutch my chest as if i were clutching valuable treasure.

He is the keeper of your heart. The gatekeeper. No one can have it without going through Him first.

I picked up a stone off the beach that day. It was shiny and smooth. Unblemished yet obvious it had been through storms. Those waves they produce newness, they give a new identity. See this is not condemnation or pride.Ive been there.Years of being a wave tossed back and forth. The result has been my new heart, shiny and new. Treasured. Captivated. Clutched... In this irritated state, i urge you. Give up. Give in. Get iritated. Let God take you and make you shiny and new. I promise its better on this side. I promise He will come through with all your looking for in a person and in life, I promise He will come through with all you want to be. He wants you to be shiny an new, make room,what's keeping you?

No comments:

Post a Comment