
The potential we have to be anything in life is born with us. Potential is like the wind we can't see but we know what the outcome of wind will bring. One definition of potential says its a latent(or delayed) excellence or ability that may or may not be developed. I have been thinking alot about what it means to believe in someone. Does it mean that we just take someone at their word? Is it conditional? Like IF you show me this, then I will believe in that? Or is it MORE. If potential is a delayed result, are we patient enough to wait for it?
Im glad God is a God that believes in potential and not circumstance. Im glad He believes in the "latent" the patient work in us that has not developed. The thing is God blesses us just the same either way. Whether we figured out that we are good in purpose or not...He sees the potential and blesses us as if we were EXCELLENT at it. He sees what is not and calls them as if they are...How amazing.
How do i teach and encourage people to believe in the potential of troubled youth without sounding like a total FREAK a ZOID from another planet? How do i teach this truth to people who dont even believe in themselves enough?
This man the other day kept saying Im passionate! But Im not here to teach you passion, it cant be taught! And i kept thinking then STOP saying that! All I wanted to be was passionate after hearing it and seeing it in him! Because i saw how his passion was producing results!
Is that how I do it? Scream out I BELIEVE! I BELIEVE! until people start seeing the results of my belief? Hmmm? I dare you to try this with me...if you believe in what im saying, I DARE you to BELIEVE in the potential of people...I DARE YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment