About Joyful Expectancy

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

ICKY...

Sick, weird, awkward feelings in the pit of your stomach. Racing thoughts, overwhelming judgement, blurry views...and most of all endless questions. And that is all in one morning yawn. How do you continue with the day ahead. How can you think with this annoying emotion of ICK? Well, take it from me, you probably cant. Its worse when you just dont know where this is all coming from...I realized that if you're offended, or hurt, or jeolous, or mad, or angry and upset at another person, sometimes you dont even know who or why...it just creeps up on you...the answer is "i should pray for you more" I didnt realize that not speaking life into someone can be just as bad as speaking death into them....and that is what makes you ICKY. The power of your thoughts turn into actions and while actions may not always be physical, actions are actions and they can hurt when harmful thoughts are behind them. They may not even hurt anyone else, but they will come back and hurt you... (Proverbs 18:21)

So in the midst of all my ICK, I prayed for you more. I prayed for people I dont pray for enough. I prayed for things that are great and things that arent great, I even prayed for things that were unknown. I just prayed. with no specific purpose or intention, but on purpose... And i said God im sorry for lugging around this crap i picked up somewhere down the road. Its messing me up and I need you to fix it. And just like that that ICK was gone. (Ephesians 4:31)

No comments:

Post a Comment