One day in Masters I opened a gift from one of my leaders with a rusted rear view mirror in it...and he spoke to me and said, " you can spend your life driving forward but looking back in the rear view, but sooner or later you are gonna miss something ahead of you" I almost fell out of my chair! I was like dang! Ain't that the truth! Ive been looking at my past so much that I forgot that i was driving forward towards something better!
One of my Pastors spoke about this last night...he used the exact same illustration...and it hit me like a ton of bricks that my relationship with God and with the people in my life is ever growing...and just like a hurtful past or pain can keep you from your future, like it kept me from mine before... so can not growing in God and in your relationships now...I don't want to live with the same stagnant walk with God and get to heaven and have to think long and hard about the last time God changed me and spoke to me!!!! I dont want to have the same routine relationships that get us no where, dont keep us honest, never challenge us, or keep us accounatable for our actions...the bible says we should sharpen each other how iron sharpens iron and it also says we should go from Glory to Glory in Christ! So come on stop looking back in your rear view mirror at the bad or at the GOOD!, Move on towards BETTER...using each mile gained as a compass and as a staircase towards what God has in store for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment